About Me

My photo
Allen Park, Michigan, United States
I am Anthony Powers, a professional animator. Seeking self expression, I carry my soul through space and time. Stumbling about, I come across some picnic baskets and lollipops. Taking a chance, I peek into their murky depths. Using passion as my vehicle the world opens its arms.

Pages

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

An Update on my upcoming junior film "The Rainbow in your Jail Cell" (title pending)


    Well iv been thinking a lot about what to do with the characters themselves. How do I want them to move, act, what noises should they make. Could they even talk briefly? Iv really been experimenting with their movements. I do tests over and over of the apple walking across the screen. Iv been getting into the fight scenes animation. I think its going really well, its very fun for me to animate. I dont think my animation is there yet though, Im gonna have to do many more tests before Im ready to shoot the final scenes. The story is coming along well, I want to put more emphasis on the princess and her relationship with her father the king. Iv been working on some traditionally animated facial expressions for the princess, I want her to look very sad and defeated at one point when her father packs her in a game of basketball. Im thinking of having her join in on the fight rather than just watching sadly, maybe she can be the one to give the final knockout punch. I really want this to be about the characters. I have to work a lot more on little facial expressions and eye movements, body language, interaction on screen. I really want to go into depth with the castle and whats inside of it. I have a lot of props drawn out so far, but I still need to make them all paper cut out props. Im having a lot of fun animating, I have 2 minutes of rough animation so far. Its not what it can be yet, and Im only using the normal cameras so far, so I think this is gonna turn out pretty cool. I really want the fight scene to be explosive and intense. I have to work on animating some explosions and work really hard on closeups and action shots mixed with long beautiful scenery shots and facial expressions. I still have a lot of cutting and drawing to do, but im having a good time doing it so this should be a fun and educational experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment